Updated 30th of April 2018.
Here’s what I’m up to at the moment (Thanks to Derek Sivers for this idea), research and writing-wise at least:
1. The Difficult Conversations in Therapy Clinical Trial is near completion! Stay tuned as we start to
2. Excellence in Private Practice Workshops, with Kaye Frankcom and Aaron Frost.
3. Keynote presentation in Achieving Clinical Excellence, Sweden May 2018. (If you can join us in Sweden, you can also purchase the recordings)
4. Deliberate Practice 2-Day Intensive Workshops, Chicago Aug 2018, with Scott Miller.
5. For the first time, Scott Miller and I are running the FIT 2-day Intensive Workshop in Melbourne, Australia. Organised by Australian Psychological Society.
7. Together with Scott Miller and Mark Hubble, we are still in the midst of writing the book, Better Results: A Step-by-Step Guide to Deliberate Practice (APA).
8. Editing a manuscript on expertise for the Journal of Higher Ability. (with Scott Miller, Mark Hubble, and Bruce Wampold)
6. Soon to be released
Stay tuned for more updates
Updated 16th of Mar 2017:
1. The Difficult Conversations in Therapy (DCT) project:
(with Drs. Sharon Lu, Geoffrey Tan, and Scott Miller)
- We are finally writing up the manuscript of the initial pilot conducted in 2014 (I know, it was a long time ago. That’s how slow and painful research really is). We indicated some of our preliminary findings in this article, Beyond Measures.
- We have just completed our second pilot of brand new 7 scenarios!
- We are going to begin re-filming the video
vignettes,before we enlist for therapists to participant in this RCT in the next couple of months.
2. Supershrinks Replication Studies:
- Since the original study, we have been trying to repeat the study of highly effective therapists
workpractices with other agencies.
- We have now two agencies on board, one from
Ioha, US, and another from Oslo, Norway.
- I suspect we are going to find something different! Who knows.
Letswait and see.
Updated 10th of Jan 2017:
Here’s what I’m up to at the moment research and writing-wise at least:
1. Reanalysing a Meta-Analysis on Deliberate Practice:
(with Drs Scott Miller and Bruce Wampold)
- We are unearthing some interesting stuff here.
- It’s going to be a surprise.
2. Book, The First Kiss: Undoing the Traditional Model of How We Conduct Our First Sessions
- For the past two years, I’ve been working at finishing this book.
- Making the first round of edits currently.
- I’m making a case why the way we conduct our initial clinical assessments is not helping our clients, and I attempt to offer an alternate view of what it takes to engage our clients from the word go.
- It’s an unabashingly “How-To” book.
- I will spread the word once I’m done with it.