Updated 16th of Mar 2017:
Here’s what I’m up to at the moment (Thanks to Derek Sivers for this idea), research and writing-wise at least:
1. The Difficult Conversations in Therapy (DCT) project:
(with Drs. Sharon Lu, Geoffrey Tan, and Scott Miller)
- We are finally writing up the manuscript of the initial pilot conducted in 2014 (I know, it was a long time ago. That’s how slow and painful research really is). We indicated some of our preliminary findings in this article, Beyond Measures.
- We have just completed our second pilot of brand new 7 scenarios!
- We are going to begin re-filming the video vignettes, before we enlist for therapists to participant in this RCT in the next couple of months.
- Stay tune!
2. Supershrinks Replication Studies:
- Since the original study, we have been trying to repeat the study of highly effective therapists work practices with other agencies.
- We have now two agencies on board, one from Ioha, US, and another from Oslo, Norway.
- I suspect we are going to find something different! Who knows. Lets wait and see.
Updated 10th of Jan 2017:
Here’s what I’m up to at the moment research and writing-wise at least:
1. Reanalysing a Meta-Analysis on Deliberate Practice:
(with Drs Scott Miller and Bruce Wampold)
- We are unearthing some interesting stuff here.
- It’s going to be a surprise.
2. Book, The First Kiss: Undoing the Traditional Model of How We Conduct Our First Sessions
- For the past two years, I’ve been working at finishing this book.
- Making the first round of edits currently.
- I’m making a case why the way we conduct our initial clinical assessments is not helping our clients, and I attempt to offer an alternate view of what it takes to engage our clients from the word go.
- It’s an unabashingly “How-To” book.
- I will spread the word once I’m done with it.